Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I will testify to love

Wow, so I really had all of my questions about whether its irresponsibility or faith to just throw financial caution to the wind and say, God called us to do this, we're doing it now and we are trusting him to provide us with the means! I had the mindset that it was all about US. Could WE afford this? What could WE do so that we could WE afford this. What could WE do to make this happen. Well I had a little wake up call... its not about US. Its about God seeing a child without a family, being an advocate for that orphan and placing a desire on our hearts half a world away to adopt. God already has a plan for how He will bring this child home and we are just a part of it. So this revelation I had (while reading another adoptive mom's blog) really made me realize how silly I was being with all the fretting I've been doing over how we could afford to adopt. God already had a plan for us and THAT is why we felt the call to adopt. I think I always had this idea that people who adopted were "rich" but now I realize that most of them were probably just like us, stepping out in faith and later being able to testify to the love that God has for the orphan. When you feel that call on your heart, its God using you to meet needs that you cannot even see.



External religious worship that is pure and unblemished in the sigh of God the Father is this: to visit and help and care for the orphans and widows in their affliction and need, and to keep oneself unspotted and uncontaminated by the world.
James 1:27 Amplified

Psalm 68:5 “A father of the fatherless and a judge and protector of the widows is God in His holy habitation.

No comments:



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017