Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Saturday, March 6, 2010

This not knowing is driving me bonkers...

So since Ukraine is a totally blind referel process, we simply specify an age range of a child we wish to adopt and THAT'S IT. We get no info on a child until we have our appointment at the SDA in Ukraine. We are asking for a child of either sex with minor/moderate corectable medical issues from age 1-5 with the preference of a girl. I know I really shouldn't buy clothes for a child that I have no idea how big she'll be, but geez I can't help it! It drives me crazy not to be able to prepare for a child, so dang it, I'm going to do it anyways! The children in Ukraine are very small and I've been told that for every 3 months in an orphanage they lose 1 month of normal growth and development. So I figure that a 3 year old would wear 18 month size clothes... so I bought some clothes size 18 months- 2T cause that is pretty middle of the road and I want to a least have some clothes to take with us. If they don't fit, I'll give them to the orphanage we adopt from. I need to just stay away from the little girl section in stores... I keep ending up with just "one" thing. Its really killing me to not be able to prepare!

4 comments:

Ukraine 2010 said...

It is hard, I worry about this all day everyday. We are hoping to adopt a girl we already know, and have hosted, but we may not be able to- so I worry. :) Everyone keeps telling me its "faith" that I am lacking, so Im working on that... Its just so scary to put all this time and hope into something you dont know about. I am buying stuff for the oldest we are approved (age 9) figuring if we end up with younger, it will eventually fit, if we end up with a 9 year old, it will fit right away :) Shopping helps me stay sane.

Mama of 2 and Counting... said...

I'm kind of doing the same thing. Buying bigger b/c it will eventually fit, right? Having little girl clothes hanging in the closet helps make it real.

sarah said...

Now that Haylee is gone (of course she still gets packages from us) but ya that being in the store just gonna get her 1 thing:) Sighhhhhhhhhhh, happy shopping!

positivelyorphaned said...

I think I cam across your blog through the Yahoo group, or maybe it was FRUA. My husband and I just got back from EE and spent time with some adorable kids at an orphanage there. I blogged about it if you are interested: http://positivelyorphaned.org/ and http://lifeonplanetearth.wordpress.com/2010/03/15/eastern-european-orphanage/ I keep hearing the wait is the hardest part - hang in there!



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017