Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Weekend

All of the pretty little Easter dresses in the stores this time of year always bring back memories for me. Some of my fondest memories are of Easter and peeking into the fridge to see the flower my dad picked out for me to wear to church on Easter Sunday morning. He would always pick out the most beatiful orchids for my mother and I to wear on our Easter dresses. The dress was another thing to look forward to. I always got a lovely new dress to wear for Easter and with that flower, I felt like I was the prettiest girl at church that morning. At least that's what my dad would tell me, and I knew he wouldn't say it if it wasn't true :)

It makes me sad to think how many little girls don't have a daddy to buy them a flower and tell them how pretty they are. EVER. But I know one thing, by next Easter there will be one less lonely child in this world, one less mama who keeps looking at pretty little dresses and putting them back on the rack, and one more daddy who can say that he has the prettiest little girl in the whole world.

Happy Easter

4 comments:

laurietw said...

What a thoughtful post. I think you and I have a lot of thoughts in common! May God bless you and your little one across the Atlantic. :-)

Mama of 2 and Counting... said...

Thank you :) I am so excited for you guys to go too!

sarah said...

Oh Erin what a beautiful post. That is such a great thing your dad did for you growing up :)

Funny this year I was hit very hard with memories of Mikayla and her pretty little dresses and shoes and only being able to buy one for Haylee this year and send it in a box :(

Mama of 2 and Counting... said...

Awww Sarah, Haylee will remember you and how much you care about her even if at times it was only from a distance. (((hugs)) :)



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017