Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Yardsale Fundraiser

So I have been thinking about what I could do to help us raise the extra money we still need to complete our adoption, and I think I have hit on an idea. I have decided that it would be a great idea to have a yardsale fundraiser. Not just any yardsale either. We are going to be collecting our friend's and neighbors "junk" until we have enough to have a HUGE yardsale. So, if you want to clean out your house but don't know what to do with the stuff, well now ya do. Bring it here :) I would also be happy to come pick up stuff from our friends and neighbor's houses provided it will fit in the back of my car. Phillip's truck is completely torn apart right now as he is in the middle of replacing the head gasket, so we can't haul large items at the moment because we don't have a working truck.

I am thinking that I would like to have the yardsale sometime in July. We'll be starting the paperwork chase in earnest that month so I want to go ahead and get it done before I'm flying around in a flurry of paperwork.

Leave me a comment here or on facebook, or email me if you would like to donate your unwanted items :)

Oh and just a side note, anything that doesn't sell will be donated to Goodwill except for children's items that I can consign and then put that money towards our fund as things sell.

1 comment:

laurietw said...

Great idea. I hope you get lots of junk and sell it, too!



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017