Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Because you asked: Blackberry Pizza

I had several people ask for the recipe I used to make Blackberry Pizza. I didn't use one... I made it up. But I will share with you what I did, and it was pretty darn good!

I bought a bag of pre-made pizza dough from Wal-Mart. I've seen them at Giant and Kroger as well. Its less than $2.

I let the dough rise and rolled it out according to the package directions.

I took about 1 1/2 cups of blackberries and mixed them with some sugar and a little cinnamon.
The key is not to use too many berries, or the dough will be squishy and you'll have soggy pizza. You want just enough but not too many. Less really is more here. I've made the mistake of overloading pizza with toppings and having a casserole instead of a pizza...

So back to the pizza at hand:

I melted a little butter and brushed the dough with it then sprinkled some sugar and dried oregano on the pizza dough.

After sprinkling the dough with all of the berries, I then topped it all with about 2 cups of mozarella cheese.

Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is all nice and golden brown.

This is great for breakfast or dessert. You could also mix up some powdered sugar icing and drizzle over the berries instead of using the cheese.

Enjoy!

No comments:



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017