Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Swagger Wagon Time

In about 5 months we're going to go from a family of 4 to a family of 5 or 6; which means we need a larger vehicle. I never imagined myself at 25 years of age with 3-4 kids, driving a minivan... But my Santa Fe only has room for 2 car seats so we are going to trade in it for a Swagger Wagon! Phillip still needs to replace the drivers side door that was damaged when we hit a deer during Christmas. Its driveable and all, but not a good selling point.

We're looking for a van on craigslist with a motor or transmission problem because my wonderful husband can fix almost anything and his dad really can fix ANYTHING. He's like the car whisperer.

So, does anyone have any suggestions on great minivans? The number one MUST have is that it must have room for four carseats. Yes, FOUR carseats. I am crazy aren't I? Wow... I am also looking for one with a good size trunk for hauling a months worth of groceries for our family, pool floats, strollers, etc. and one that I can go directly from the driver's seat into the back of the van without getting out of the van. One with some neat storage areas in the floor area wouldn't be bad either. I saw one like that on a commercial one time but I can't remember what it was now. Seats that fold down when they're not in use would be great as well.

So, if you own a great minivan please leave me a comment on what make and model it is. We're not going to buy a new one, but if we know what kind to search for on craigslist that would be great!

2 comments:

Winnie said...

I have the original Swagger Wagon - Toyota. Will hold 4 car seats, back seats fold flat, middle seats will roll up or can be taken out if you need it for cargo. You can crawl thru if you fold down the console between the two front seats, however mine always collects so much junk that's not viable. Honda did have the underseat storage I don't know if they still do, Chrysler advertises it but personally not thrilled with any chrysler product. Whatever you do spring for the built in DVD especially if you road trip.

sarah said...

Not that I'm not excited to hear the news on a possible new van is this your way of saying you will be bring home 2 babies?????



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017