Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Monday, October 18, 2010

7 Years & 4 Days

Today my wonderful husband and I have been married for 7 years! Today also marks 4 days since our dossier was submitted which by my calculations means we have about 16 more days till we receive our appointment date. I am still hoping sooner rather than later...

God has blessed us so much in these past 7 years. We both took classes and worked for several years before I became pregnant with Wes and decided to be a SAHM. We've seen several job changes that came with challanges. We built a house together while I was pregnant with Wyatt and lived with him sleeping in the living room of our old house for 4 months! We've weathered several "family issue" storms together. We also made a really difficult decision to change churches about 3 years ago. We really wanted a church where our kids could grow up surrounded by other children their age and form lifelong Christian friendships. Neither Phillip or I really have that type of friendship with anyone and we felt it was so important for our children to be able to grow up in an environment where that type of support would be available to them.

I would say that decision marks a huge turning point in our lives. We have grown so much as Christians, parents, and a couple since that time. We both have a real desire to serve God wherever and however He calls us and I LOVE that I wake up on Sunday mornings not thinking of ways to get out of going to church, but excited to go!

So here we are. Married for 7 years with 2 little guys and just ready and waiting to add more! :) Its been a great 7 years and I can't wait to see what the next 7 (or 77!) have to offer. It keeps getting better and better!

2 comments:

Healy Family said...

congratulations on 7 years!

since i am new to your journey, do you mind my asking (you may have mentioned before...) if you are planning to adopt a boy or girl or more that one?

thank you and know that I am praying for you!

Mama of 2 and Counting... said...

We are approved for up to 2 of either. Ages 1-5 :)



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017