Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Saturday, November 27, 2010

2 weeks today

Its been two weeks today since we left the U.S.



Two weeks since I kissed my boys goodbye. I never knew I had the strength to do that and if I knew how much I would be missing them now and what it feels like to leave your heart in another place, I don't know that I could have done it.



Two weeks since we ate our last American meal in Dulles airport at Fudruckers. We ordered in English from an English menu and got exactly what we ordered. I'll never take that for granted again!



Two weeks since we washed and dried our clothes in a washer and dryer!



In two weeks my perspective has changed a lot. I looked outside the orphanage today at the playground.

All I could think about was the new playground our church is purchasing.


We are blessed. We should never ever forget that and we should take every opportunity to share what we've been blessed with because isn't that why God has blessed us in the first place?

5 comments:

Healy Family said...

when we adopted our son from taiwan in 1997/1998- we did the whole adoption totally backwards and i ended up living in taiwan for 5 months (it wasn't totally unexpected to be there for a long time, just didn't expect 5 months...). I still remember vividly 2 things when my return plane landed; the pilot saying "welcome to san francisco" (got teary eyed) and passing a snack place and realizing i could read the ENTIRE bag of potato chips (got teary eyed again).

while i think the length of a Ukraine adoption is something else, i know first hand how valuable it becomes to be able to live there, experience the culture and be able to "identify" with things when you later (back in the states) talk with your children about their home country. to have a whole bunch of "remember when" and stories to tell that include the 3/4 of you helps connect that time to your time here. HOWEVER it is extremely hard during the time there - we also left kids behind with my mom, who was a brand new widow as my dad was buried the same month we left for Ukraine.

obedience has a price, but also untold blessing!

did you get a washer in your new apartment? in donetsk we were able to find a laundry service, you paid by the "piece", but might be worth it right now for you?

continuing to pray!!!

Mama of 2 and Counting... said...

We do have a washer here now, WHOOHOO! Still air drying but I can live with it.

I am thankful for the time to experience the culture. My heart is just in two places. I'll be happy for it to be back together.
5 months though...wow. I will quit whining lol!

Mom2Four said...

You are so right. Adoption changes your perspective and it changes your life - in ways you expect and ways you don't. You will never be the same again.

MamaPoRuski said...

Just caught up on your blog. I pray you have found other Christians to support you in Ukraine as well, it is so necessary to have those who understand what you are dealing with to be able to pray with and advise you. Let me know if you need some English speaking persons as well. None are in your region but always available by text or cell if you need. Can't wait to hear more of your girl! God bless your time together.

Healy Family said...

I hope, sweet sister in the Lord, that you didn't read my comment on the length of time I spent in Taiwan as a call to stop whining...because I in no way meant that! I think one would have a very difficult time praying more prayers of manipulation than I prayed either in Taiwan or Ukraine. :) (I have found that prayers of manipulation do not work.)



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017