Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Hello from Kiev!

We're here! Exhausted but ready for a good nights sleep and our appointment tomorrow. My ears are still sore from all the pressure changes on the plane, I already forgot NOT to brush my teeth with the water (oops) and the funniest (or scariest) thing that happened to Phillip and I was that we followed the WRONG guy out of the Kiev airport. He was holding a sign that said "Johnson and Johnson." Yep he figured it out outside and made me talk to an angry woman on the phone who told us that he was supposed to pick up people from the COMPANY OF Johnson and Johnson. NOT Phillip and Erin Johnson. Whoops.

Good news is that we went back in and found our guy (or let him find us) and all is well :)

Please pray for our appointment tomorrow. Its at 12:00pm local time so 6am Monday in the U.S.

4 comments:

laurietw said...

Yay! You made it! Funny about the airport! I always brused my teeth with the water from the tap. Be careful with "fresh" vegetables. I got really sick from eating raw tomatoes. God is with you and will be during your appointment. Can't wait to see your next post!

Healy Family said...

i brushed with the tap water too - i just never drank it. i think you're safe to brush. good story on the johnson and johnson thing - what are the odds? :)

we'll be praying for your appointment tomorrow! i just asked my daughter Margarita to pray for you also - it was almost 2 years ago that we arrived in kiev to adopt her and her sister Julia. We're excited for you!

The McEacherns said...

Glad you made it and found the right guy eventually!

iwillcometoyou said...

Hi Erin- I got your blog address from Michelle E. I am in Ukraine picking up my little girl in Nikolaev. I think we must have flown in at the same time on Sunday because when I came through customs I saw a guy holding a Johnson and Johnson sign. =) Praying for success with your adoption.



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017