Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Friday, November 19, 2010

Update

We've updated our paperwork and requested a 2nd SDA appointment. We are waiting to hear when that will be. We requested it as soon as possible.

Riding in a car in Ukraine is quite an experience. I just have to shut my eyes. Our facilitator is a great driver but the other people we've ridden with were crazy! Everyone drives like they are playing chicken at 120-130 kilometers an hour. Passing multiple vehicles at a time is the norm.

We had something really interesting for lunch yesterday. We hadn't had much to eat at all on Tuesday since we were in a car for 14 hours and we had not bought much food to keep in the apartment since we knew we were leaving and thought we wouldn't be back here for a while.

We went to an underground mall to find somewhere to eat and went to a place that I think said "Mister Chef" in Russian. We got a baked potato and sandwich meal and the idea of it was to choose from multiple toppings and put two on your potato. They all looked extrememly unfamiliar so we went with what the guy in front of us got. It turned out to be grated pickled beets then a layer of some sort of creamy sauce and the fun part was the fish chunks (which seemed raw) mixed in with it. Sort of like a hidden surprise. Wow. We each ate a few bites just to say we did then ate the sandwich which was good.

I made oatmeal this morning. This apartment doesn't have a microwave or a washing machine so its a little more challanging. The stove is gas and I have to light it with a match. Very interesting. I'm scared I'm gonna blow something up!

3 comments:

The McEacherns said...

Eggs are easy to make at home. So are grilled cheese sandwiches. And be sure to try Nesquik cereal. It looks like Cocoa Puffs and has a rabbit on the box. YUM!

Mom2Four said...

Lord, please grant them favor with the SDA so they can have a quick appointment. Please help them to find the child that you have already chosen for them. Help them to not worry (especially about the little ones at home) and to trust in you.

sarah said...

Sorry to hear things are not working the way you had hoped. I know you have your faith and everything is for a reason.
After not reading your blog for the last two post & reading today I just went into prayer for you & I strongly heard God say to me "They will follow me"
So keep listening he has a plan that's for sure. This made me think of a great song I hope it's on your playlist.I will follow ~Chris Tomlin



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017