Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Questions?

So I've been working on a longer "update" post; but its not done yet (big surprise - I'm busy!) so I was wondering if any of you guys who follow had any particular questions regarding our adoption of Katya and how she is doing so far?

I keep the blog as our personal diary so years from now we can look back and remember everything we went through; but I have learned so much from other people's blogs that I like to also put as much information as possible about what its like to add to our family through adoption.

We do have an appointment at the Internation Adoption Clinic next month to have a full workup done with Katya. We will have a Russian translator there so they can actually talk to her and understand what she says!

I have mentioned before that she has moderate (in my opinion) spastic cerebral palsy and cannot walk unasisted at this time. We are hoping to address this as soon as possible and get her braces or surgery so she can run around and keep up with her brothers. Nothing was ever done to help her cope with cerebral pasly in Ukraine but we really think that she will be able to walk with the help of Drs. here.

That's all I have time for now!

No comments:



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017