Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Where's my baby girl?



This is my three sweeties hugging each other silly this morning. Katya would scream when they tried to touch her, but now she just hollars "Mya Braaaaatchik!" (My brothers)

So a little background... before we ever started the adoption process, Wesley asked for a baby girl. Every single day. He said he wanted a baby girl. "Where's my baby girl at, mom?"
God had a plan for her. I think He whispered to Wesley that he had a sister but mommy and daddy had to go get her first and maybe they needed some nudging. In September 2009, I felt God just breaking my heart for a child I hadn't met.
Katya's 3rd birthday was in September 2009.
At 4 years old, most special needs children are transfered to an institution.
God knew how much time she had.

She came home 3 months after turning 4.

Wesley got his baby girl. She has always been his sister and it looks like he knows it.

1 comment:

Healy Family said...

I loved reading that Erin. Before we adopted J & M, my daughter, the only girl and middle child at the time kept telling me wanted a sister (and an older sister at that!) and I would make a little sad face and say, N, it's just not going to happen - I'm sorry! On June 28, 2008, N's 9th birthday, we met J and M for the first time. Happy Birthday N! These girls are going to be your new older sisters! What are the odds of that? Maybe the Lord was whispering in N's ear too. :)



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017