Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Yay for Walgreens and Google!

Thanks to Walgreens online photocenter and google translate, I was able to make a photo flip book of our family and Katya to send to Katya's bio family in Ukraine. I tried this before with snapfish and it wouldn't let me copy/paste the Russian translation into the captions. I was super happy to find that Walgreens photocenter lets you paste!

I started with a few pictures of us flying out of Dulles and kept going with landing in Kiyv, our apartment, the SDA, Kharkiv, the orphanage, Katya at the orphanage with us, Katya at the airport in Frankfurt, and all of us meeting Daddy and Katya back at Dulles. The rest of the pictures are of her home with us and playing with her brothers. I'm waiting till it arrives in the mail then sending it along with a box of gifts to her family in Ukraine.

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but we had originally looked at adopting from Russia but quickly scratched it because adopting from Russia is SO expensive. We found out through our PI that Katya's bio mother is actually Russian and is originally from Moscow. So, Katya is our little UkieRussCan (Ukrainian, Russian, American)

2 comments:

Paul and Diana said...

I'm going to do that for our son's orphanage. They keep asking me to send back photos of him when we return to the U.S. Thanks for the tip!

Mama of 3 said...

Just FYI - I got the photo book and the captions that appeared to be Russian text online were only little square symbols when I got it. Walgreens refunded me, but doesn't know what happened. Maybe a fluke? Maybe they don't support Russian symbols...



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017