Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

From IF to WHEN

So last night while Phillip and I were talking about Ukraine, adoption, all the kids that need homes, and how seeing things with your own eyes changes you forever; he said "WHEN" we go back it will either be all of us, or we'll try to do it so one of us can stay with the kids.

Before, it has always been IF. Last night it was WHEN.

We also decided that we would consider a child with HIV. HIV has such a stigma and I WAS terrified of being near anyone who might have it, but after doing some research I've found that its not something that can be easily transmitted from everyday contact in a household environment and with medication a child would be able to live a normal life.

Oh and we also think we'd like to be approved for a sibling group and "older" kids.

So... yeah. Its WHEN. Not sure how soon WHEN is though... I guess we'll leave that one up to God. (Like its not anyways lol)

We really want to get people in our area involved in a hosting program. I've tossed the idea out there to a few people in our church already. I really want to host, but I think we'd need a bigger house. (hmmm...) There is also something else in the works but I don't think its public info yet so I'll wait till that is ready to present and then I can share about it on my blog :) Hopefully, it will help others we know be able to adopt.

6 comments:

Zack & Jenn said...

It's exciting when the if becomes a when :) Praying for God's perfect timing.

Molly said...

If you ever want to talk about HIV, let me know.

Just Another Day In Paradise said...

YAY!!!
Hosting is great! We thought we needed a group to host, turns out, I just had to go to NYC to pick our girl up.
All they need is a bed and some clothes, not a big house. Hosting changed our lives and put us on the path to our daughter, which is not the road we expected to take, but we're so glad we did.

Mama of 3 said...

So I don't have to get our church to be involved so we can host? I'll drive anywhere to pick a kid up! I can't get anyone to email me a login to view the hosting site you said you used though...
Molly, feel free to friend me on FB :)

Just Another Day In Paradise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

What exciting news! We host thru the same group as Just Another Day in Paradise did. We have never had another family in our area. We always fly to the arrival airport to pick up our host child no problems there.
If you need info about the program feel free to email me. I think we also used the same group to adopt, though my kids have been home many years now.



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017