Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Thursday, March 17, 2011

How's the English?

Everyone asks me, "How's her English coming along?"

Well here's a few examples of what I get to hear all day.

"Mama, I like walking"

"Mama, I like pizza"

"Mama, I like cheeken noggots"

"Mama, van broke - Papa fix. Yep"

Me: "Katya do you like juice?" "Yep, I like shook, Da."

"Weeeesley! Sit down! Mama! Wesley NO sit down!"

"Wyah, be nice! Mama! Wyah no be nice!"

"Mama, fixin hahweer?" "I like fixen hahweer! Mama ee Rya kryceeva!"

"Whezley! That's deescuhstin! Mama, dats nasty! See Whezley, mess!"

"Mama, see sondbox? I like sondbox" "I like trampoline!"

Her new favorite word is "Yep" It has officially replaced "Da" We don't hear "Da" anymore and I can't say I miss it too much... Da Da Da

I am now "mommy" half the time instead of just "mama." What cracks me up is that Phillip is now "Poppy." Haha - Yep.

Oh and the other favorite word is "Whut!?" Everytime we even start to say something to her, its "Whuat!?" Its kind of like a growl... it starts off way down there... takes a lot of effort to get the "Wh" sound out so we start deep and low and kind of "Rrrwhhhuuuuat!" Every five minutes LOL

That's how she says "WHEEAZLEY" too. Really, its pretty funny :)

Mariah's (Katya) favorite things to eat:

Applesauce
Cheeken Noggots
Pizzah
Hotdogs (also called Cheeken Noggots)
Goldfish crackers (also called Schnack)
soup

She'll eat most anything but these are what she actually asks for. Every meal she asks if we're having "Cheeken Noggots" because she likes cheeken!

3 comments:

Gary and Tina said...

Oh Erin this made me laugh. I was just imaging this. Love, love, love it. The joy of having little ones.

Just Another Day In Paradise said...

I love watching and listening as they learn English... We just got "Mama, maybe for my happy birsday you buy me rolex?" (rollerskates). Do y'all laugh as often as we do? Some things are too cute to correct.

Molly said...

I just found your blog. Our SDA appointment was the same day as your second one.



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017