Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blah

So I haven't put up any new posts for a couple of days because really we have had a rough several days and I haven't felt like talking about. Mostly because everyone has a "solution" and sometimes I just need to vent. Mariah has finally started talking about her grouppa and her friends. She wouldn't talk about them before but for some reason the last several days, that is all she talks about. Susanna, Natasha, Olya, Sasha... she even said that she doesn't like us and wanted to stay with her grouppa. Now that's not what has made the last few days rough. I know that's not what she means and she is just missing her friends. I am REALLY happy that she is talking about it with us! I have printed off a few pictures of her grouppa room and a favorite caretaker for her to carry around and sleep with. She seems to really love that she can look at it whenever she wants.

What's been rough is the bizare toileting techniques she is blessing us with. We thought we had this... and then she'll intentionally wet herself. Argh. I don't even want to go into details. Its so frustrating because there is no rhyme or reason to any of it. We're trying to walk the line between being understanding and making it known that intentionally peeing on yourself 20 minutes AFTER you said that you were done on the potty doesn't fly around here. Mariah can also make herself throw up at the drop of a hat. Say like if she doesn't want to finish her dinner (or has requested to pee for the 13405th time and was told "after dinner") Not a lot, but enough to make a mess. Sooo... Most of the time I try to keep this blog a happy place full of rosy updates and progress reports but I'm also keeping it real.

This week has made me feel like a bad mommy, especially yesterday.
Today has been so much better so I felt like I could finally write about it.
The end.

2 comments:

Molly said...

I sympathize. Today was pretty miserable over here too. I had poop all over the bathroom at one point and two other accidents, one of which was all over the couch. And, um, both of my kids are potty-trained during the day and we haven't had an accident in a few weeks, so all this in one day is just a bit exhausting!

Becky said...

Its hard when everyone expects it to be all sunshine and rainbows, but every adoptive parent knows otherwise, understands and sympathizes. Hoping that today is a better day for all of you.



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017