Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Things I've come to grips with..sort of

Love can be instant or require a constant effort

Orphanage behaviors

Orphanage delays

The effects of institutionalizing a child

Questions that will never be answered

Trying to understand your child when you've known them for about 16% of their life.

Stigmas

Amazed at just how much God loves ME even when I fail every day.

The memory of the children we left behind

The realization that most people just.do.not.get.it.

Finding that miracles DO still happen even if God has to use the internet




Adoption = Redemption



It means so much more to me now that I've been through the adoption process here on this earth; how much God loves me. He adopted ME. I am HIS child. He LOVES me. REALLY loves me. It doesn't matter what I do or don't do, He unconditionally loves me and wants what's best for me.

Adoption is hard. Harder than I ever thought it would be, but it comes with a greater understanding of what God did for me.

"To those whom much has been given, much will be required."

How much have we been given?

Only everything.

So what then is required?

3 comments:

The McEacherns said...

Good post!

ErinL said...

Love this...So many things I'm also coming to grips with....sort of ;)

Becky said...

Yes, some things are hard to grasp. And its ridiculously hard to explain to people who just.dont.get.it.



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017