Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Sunday, June 5, 2011

When life hands you lemons...

The IRS is STILL holding our tax refund hostage. They *might* look at it within the next oh...30-60 days. Hah!

I do hope they decide to pay us interest on it since they've had it since February!

We had been really counting on that money to help us pay back stuff from our adoption of Mariah and help with her medical bills but hey, the IRS had other plans. Or maybe they didn't have a plan at all. I think THAT was the problem.

I was TICKED off about it... but trying to keep living within our budget when our budget is umm... being held up has proven a little tricky.

So in an effort to make our money go farther, I've started couponing. I follow all of the coupon sites I can find on facebook. I bought the Sunday paper for the first time today and I print off coupons from the internet.

Today I saved over $80 at Walgreens and got $7 in register rewards. Whoo hoo!
I saved $22 at Food Lion and spent $20. Got $1 back to use next time.
I saved $28 at CVS and spent $38.

By far I got the most stuff at Walgreens :)

Thanks Uncle Sam for an important life lesson, but ya know... I'd like my money now please!

4 comments:

Kimberley said...

Hi! I found you through the Mom Blog Monday Hop. I have a new blog that could really use some followers. I hope you'll come visit at:

http://healthykidshappykids.blogspot.com

Thanks and Happy Monday!

Marlee said...

I love the premise of your blog! You sound like amazing people!! Found you at the Monday Blog Hop, and am glad I did! Am a happy new follower :).

www.marleeindebt.blogspot.com

Mom2Four said...

Just be careful about your "savings" If you can get something for less money elsewhere or by purchasing the generic rather than the name brand with coupons, you really haven't "saved" any money - you spent more!

Mama of 3 said...

I only buy things I would normally buy anyways and usually only if they are on sale AND I have a coupon. I got 8 boxes of cereal for $9 last week :) I have really saved a lot of money!!



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017