Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Thursday, July 5, 2012

So close & yet so far.

What a whirlwind hosting can be and our kid isn't even here yet!

Because of the day and time that the host kids land at JFK, I am going to have to try to go up a day early and spend the night in a hotel to make sure I am there when the kids land so I can greet my guy! Then we will either board a plane or a train to travel back to our home state which is several hours away to be greeted by daddy and the rest of the kiddos!

We're looking into Amtrak trains, flights, cheap hotels, etc but the long and short of it is that traveling to New York, spending the night, then traveling back with Vitaliy is going to run us around $700.

And then we have to take him back at the end of August.

We could REALLY use some help with the travel expenses. If you could donate even a small amount please know that it will really help us out. The hosting expenses just to get him to JFK were $2,500 but we have get him HOME!

We are super excited to have Vitaliy here for the summer! Just 13 more days... less than two weeks!

My oldest son really wants to travel with me to get Vitaliy, but right now its not possible financially. I'd love for him to have the extra experience of seeing all of the host kids get off the plane and go with their host families. What an experience and life lesson to put into a young child's heart! I also thought it would be great for Vitaliy to meet his host brother right away. They are very close to the same age and I thought it would help him feel more comfortable. Basically I would need an extra $230 for my son to travel with me. That's what a plane ticket back home would cost. The train and hotel would be hardly any extra.




No comments:



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017