Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Happy Birthday

Vitaliy's birthday was this week.  My emotions are kind of a mess.

If he was here, I would have taken him to pick out a cake last week.
I would have been cleaning my house and buying party food.
I would have invited family and friends.
I would have bought presents, probably "Kapitahn Amerikah" paraphernalia, legos, and hotwheel cars.

But he's not here.

He is in Ukraine.

He did not even know how old he was when we hosted him.  I asked him once, and he told me 6.  I guess at some point, someone told him that's how old he was and that was the last time anyone told him so he thought he still was.

I sent him a box of gifts that arrived about two weeks ago.  I just wish that for one minute I could tell him (today) that I loved him, tell him that I'm glad he was born, and I wish that I could sing Happy Birthday.

Happy Birthday little man.  You are worth so much more than being forgotten on your birthday.

I promise, I didn't forget.



Would you consider donating to his host fund in honor of his birthday that is most likely going completely unnoticed and uncelebrated today? 








 

No comments:



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017