Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Sunday, October 14, 2012

On this day 2 years ago...

If you look on my sidebar, you will see what this day meant to us two years ago.  Our facilitator was able to submit our dossier to the SDA in Ukraine and request an appointment date.  He emailed us with this news and we realized this was the point of no turning back.  Our documents were in the system and all we had to do was wait for an invitation to travel.   

This morning I received word of a different kind from Ukraine.  Vitaliy was asked by someone I know if he wanted to tell his mama in America anything?  He said to tell me to come to Ukraine if I can.  Break.my.heart.  "If I can."  What a sweet boy.  He deserves so much better. 

I can't go to Ukraine now but we CAN host him for Christmas.  We are still so short on the money we need.  We wanted to host Vitaliy and one of his brothers because the 3 of them are very close.  He missed them a lot while he was here for the summer.  The truth is though that there is no way we can host two unless God drops a sizable chunk of change in our bank account.

I was feeling really depressed about it while praying last night, and I asked God very specifically for confirmation that we are doing the right thing here.  Its hard to step out in faith, ask for money, and baring a few good friends who I am SO thankful for, the support just isn't there in the way I think it should be.  


Its ok.
We'll do what God asks regardless because its not about US.  It was never about us.
 
I know His plan is perfect and so much better than how I think things should go.  I just needed to be re-assured that this IS what God is asking us to do.   


I got my answer this morning via a fb message.

"If you can." 





No comments:



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017