Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Almost there!!

We pick up our two host kids from Dulles Airport on Thursday!  I'm so excited!!  I've missed my little guy soooo much since we sent him back this summer!  I am coordinating the arrivals group for those who's final destination is Dulles.  We have a small group.  Just seven children including our two are meeting their families.  I've secured a translator and a photographer who are both happy to donate their time :)

I had someone be extremely rude to me over the requests I was making on facebook in hopes of finding someone who might want to donate their time to take pictures of the host kids arriving to meet their families.  After reading this guy's really long, really condescending, incredibly ignorant & extremely hypocritical email, in which he lectured me on why I should not ever ask "artists" to do anything without compensation because no one ever asks anyone in any other profession for pro bono work, I cried my eyes out and made my frustrations known to facebook land.  That's how I found the photographer who is now coming.  A friend of mine felt sorry for me and contacted her photographer friend because she is a foster parent and a photographer.  She was SO EXCITED to "get to" take pictures for ORPHANS meeting their host families who paid thousands of dollars for their travel expenses so they could "get to" give them Christmas.  Totally restored my faith in humanity.

I still want to write a reply back to that guy though.  Ya know other than the, "Thank you for letting me know that you are a jerk."

No, I didn't put the last part, but OH how he needed to hear it.

No comments:



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017