Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Monday, December 31, 2012

Thank you!!

So, after getting the bad news at the dentist about D only 2 days ago I was really really worried about how we were going to pay for his dental work.  We fundraised some of the costs of hosting both boys this Christmas, but most of it went on our credit card so we were just completely depleted!

A friend put out a challenge on facebook to get people to donate just $10 each to help D out.  I thought it was nice of her, but ya know that kind of thing just doesn't seem to work for us!

Well, here we are.  We've raised $952!!  People have mailed checks, dropped off checks, and donated to our paypal.  Some people have done the suggested $10 and some have done WAY more :)  Wow!!

Thank you so much everyone!!!  D has two appointments next week to try to get everything done.  I will post an update on him as soon as I can.  Hopefully he is soon feeling much better and able to eat whatever he wants!  Right now its hard for him to chew anything hard so he sticks with soft things or pulls food apart.  He had a hard time even eating fried chicken at lunch today because the crispy skin hurt his teeth.  Not much longer!!

We pray that God richly blesses everyone who has donated to help Denis!


Matthew 25

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.




Just in case anyone is wondering, any *extra* money (if there is any) will be applied towards paying off the boys' hosting expenses for this Christmas, which were $5400.  With Vitaliy, his dental work turned out to be even more expensive than the estimate once they got to work on his teeth because the cavities were even worse than what they thought. $1000 was the estimate they gave us for D after the dental hygienist offered to pay for the extractions and the dentist agreed to cut the bill in half, but this is just an estimate.  He has an "uncountable" number of cavities.  

No comments:



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017