Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

"I wanted something to live and die for..."



“I wanted something to live and die for.  I wanted something to breathe and to bleed for.  I’m not interested in trying to figure out ways to make my life safe and preserve my comfort.  I mean I find myself doing that because that’s the sinful tendency of the human heart but I’m fighting against that.  That’s one reason why we adopt kind of in a radical way.  I just on purpose set myself up to where I got so much pressure I gotta run after Jesus.  …I just figure if I can outsmart my flesh, and plan ahead to where I’m in crisis and I need God to show up, then I’ll make it—plan it out so that it’s too hard to backslide.  I’m just trying to outsmart the old man that lives inside of me.  Which is wisdom.  It’s making no provision for the flesh ahead of time.”

Derek Loux

"Plan ahead to where I'm in crisis and I need God to show up."

Wow does that ever describe what we're doing!

No comments:



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017