Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Monday, April 22, 2013

A ride for my posse

Remember a while back on the post I wrote announcing we had decided to adopt our boys?  

I said,

"My one condition in this was to tell God that at 27 years old I am too young to drive a 12 passenger van.  I just cannot drive something that hideous in my 20s, God. 
Seven children?  Ok. 
But please give me something cute or really beast to haul them around in?  Ok? 
You are the God of heaven and earth and I know on top of everything else, you've got this too." 

Was I being a bit picky?  Maybe... but for several reasons, I just really did not want a van despite my husband insisting that "Then we could fit even more in it."  What!?  

Anyways...  we've been looking for a Suburban with 9 seats.  They are expensive and hard to find and we just weren't having any luck.

Then the other day a guy Phillip works with came up to him at work and asked if he could take a look at what was wrong with his Suburban. (Phillip is a mechanic who really can fix anything)  It turns out that what the guy really wanted was to sell it for what he had left to pay on it, which was much less than what it is actually worth and only a fraction more than what we just sold my husband's truck for several weeks ago.

And that is how I became the new owner of a 9 passenger, black beast complete with leather interior and an entertainment package.  

So yeah, God pretty much rocks my socks off.  

  

3 comments:

Christina said...

We are looking for a 9 passenger SUV as well. What kind is this one and how it is working out for you so far?

Rachael Andrews said...

awesome!

Mama of 3 said...

Its a Chevrolet Suburban, the Ford Excursion and the GMC Yukon XL have similar seating. It is just hard to find one with three bench seats, but they are out there. And you have to look at them, most dealers don't have a clue when you ask.



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017