Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Faith makes the impossible, possible.

According to my blog timeline (over there on the right) we sent in our home study application with the $300 fee on the 23rd of January.  One week and 2 days after our boys went back to Ukraine.

And that was the last fee we paid out of pocket.  We saw the $40,000 price tag that is made up of all the fees and travel expenses it takes to adopt four boys and we said, "Hey that's IMPOSSIBLE for us to do and God knows that.  He sees our bank account.  Yet, He asked us to do it anyways, so that means HE will provide the money for us to do it."  And yes, that was that.  We sent the application in on FAITH, knowing full well we did not have the money to even pay for the home study.

After fundraising for a few weeks and raising about half of the fees, someone called me a few weeks later wanting to give us $1000 towards it.  I cried.  BAM it was paid for.

  We have continued to fundraise with a Facebook auction and have been featured in the Mulligan Stew post (linked in the post below this).  Amazingly people have donated $5,650.  That is AWESOME!  We are so thankful and in awe of the people who have donated so graciously to us.

BUT

Our home study was $300+ $1900.

Our agency fee is $5,900.

We had only sent in $2000 with the agency agreement.  We just didn't have anymore and it was supposed to all be paid as one lump sum when we sent in the agreement.

I was worrying a little.  I try not to, but ya know its human nature.  So, I prayed about it.  A lot.  And I felt peace.  There is no sense worrying about something I cannot do, right?

Phillip texted me yesterday afternoon and said, "You are not going to believe the call I got from work." I was thinking uuuh ohhhh...

When he got home, he told me that the HR department had called him, asking questions about our adoption credit they gave us after we adopted Mariah.

It turns out that SOMEHOW they shorted us $6,500.  And they are including it on his next paycheck.

Just.like.that.

So from the 23rd of January to the 4th of April, God has brought in $12,150.  In TEN WEEKS.

I adjusted our Adopt Together Fund to reflect the lesser amount of money we now need to raise to $33,500.  We have raised $5,650 of that so the total we now need to raise is $27,850.

That's still a big chunk of change, but...

 DO YOU SEE WHAT GOD HAS DONE FOR US IN ONLY 10 WEEKS!?  

I know some people think we are absolutely CRAZY for jumping into this without knowing where the money will come from.  I can't think of any other way I'd rather do it!  We serve an AWESOME God.


2 comments:

Carolina said...

I am SO happy for you!!! :D

Rachael Andrews said...

AWESOME!!!!



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017