Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Friday, May 31, 2013

29 more days

Until this bed has its boy back.



He was the last one to board the plane when we walked the kids to the gate for departures.  

The last one.

After remaining so guarded during much of hosting, afraid to show his feelings, he hung back as his group boarded and kept giving us little waives.  It reminded me so much of how V kept turning back, looking for me, to waive as I watched him disappear from my sight when he returned to Ukraine from summer 2012 hosting.

I got my first hug as D said goodbye and then I watched him reluctantly get on a plane and leave.

29 more days until that piece of my heart flies back across the Atlantic and walks out.

Sweet boy I know you have had more hurts and disappointments in your short life than most will have in their entire lifetime, and I could see the fear of risking your heart in your eyes.  

Soon you will never have to doubt that you are so very loved.

We have prayed for you.

We are waiting for you.

We are working so hard to bring you home forever.

No comments:



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017