Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Saturday, September 21, 2013

At the Last Minute

So, we have been about $3K short for the last month or so.  I had to withdraw funds from our AdoptTogether Account the day we got our travel date because of the time it takes them to process requests.

We had been holding out hope for a grant from A Child Waits.  They had called us many times asking for updated info, and it really, really SEEMED like they were going to give us a grant.  The lady that I spoke to sounded very positive about it all, so we were VERY hopeful.  Then suddenly they wouldn't answer my calls to let them know we had a travel date, and then didn't return my messages.  Today we got the of rejection letter from them.

No grant.

This is the third grant organization to reject us.

We leave in 9 days.  Tomorrow it will be 8 days.  We have to get everything in order by Friday the 27th.

If you feel led to donate to us, you can do so through my PayPal.  The link is below.  I can transfer funds directly to our our bank account via this method.  Its not tax deductible like AdoptTogether was, so please just designate it as a gift to avoid fees being charged.

Last of all, please lift us up in prayer!  We still have a few large unknowns in this process!

Thanks,
Erin






3 comments:

Carolina said...

Wow, that's really awful! I wish I could help more, but I can only promise to keep praying for you :(

Eighteen said...

I can't click the PayPal butyon

Mama of 3 said...

I fixed it. It was a code error. Thanks for letting me know.



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017