Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Meet The Robersons

When we decided to re-host our boys during winter hosting last year, I agreed to be the coordinator for our location.  As I met the families, several were re-host families like us but many were nervous newbies!  One family stood out a bit to me because they were young like us, and they were hosting two teenagers! *gasp*  I remember they looked nervous, much like I felt when I was waiting to meet V for the first time at JFK!

Our kids came out after an extra long wait, the photographer snapped photos of everyone, and we all took our kids home.

The Robersons meeting their girls for the first time.


A few weeks later came departures.  I watched these two girls say goodbye to their family and I could see the bond that had formed as they said tearful goodbyes.  I think its called love.

The wait between winter and summer hosting is long.  Six months.



The Robersons were standing next to me as our kids walked into our arms again for summer hosting.


The photographer messaged me later, asking, "Is this family adopting those girls?  Because they look like you guys do with your boys, a family."  

And the answer is yes. 

But they need help!


Please take a few minutes to watch their video!



I stood with Shalon and watched her girls get back on a plane with my D.  We stood there and cried together as we told our kids goodbye.  Her girls each gave me a hug and then they were gone.

We've been so blessed with our fundraising that I just had to share this family that has come to mean so much to me.

Please considering helping the Robersons!





No comments:



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017