Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Eating in Ukraine

We were brave yesterday.  We've gone to this pizza place near our apartment several times, and its been really good.  They have much more on the menu than pizza though, so yesterday we tried the sushi.  It was great!  After waiting 24 hours and being fairly certain that we were not going to get sick, we went back and tried some more :-D

We've also had Borscht, salad (which is way more than lettuce here!), pasta mafia, kielbasa, and tonight I had chicken kabobs.  The best part of eating here is how cheap it is!  My meal was $3!

Not sure why I look so tired... maybe because I'm still sick BUT the food was great!

Sushi, Salad, Borscht, and lukewarm bottled water.  

I ordered this in Ukrainian.  Pineapple and salami.  I was very proud of myself for getting it right!

Beer is cheaper than water here.  And its pretty much the ONLY drink served COLD.  A bottle of Nestea is twice the price of beer, and is served lukewarm.  Phillip had this with dinner and even though I don't like beer, I was jealous of how cold his drink was!  

No comments:



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017