Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Authenticity has never been so hard



"I refuse to be fake, but authenticity has never been so hard."



These words were spoken to me by another adoptive mom.  She gets it.  The balance between expressing to others how things really are in your life, and then holding your breath for the judgement and misunderstanding that seems to often come.  

I refuse to be fake because others are walking this same road and need to know they are not alone.  
I refuse to be fake because people who are considering this same path, need to know what its like.  
I refuse to be fake because its exhausting! 
I refuse to be fake because its a lie.
I refuse to be fake because who we are now is ok with us.  

I refuse to be fake, but authenticity has never been so hard.

5 comments:

kate hogeland said...

This is perfect!

Emily said...

Oh my goodness...isn't this the truth!!! Most people just don't understand. It's so much easier to just nod and smile and let people think everything is all peachy. But I reject that because I want people to be real with me. It sure is hard, though.

Winnie said...

Hang in there, big changes, big adjustments times 3 this time. You'll make it through. Don't forget to take some time for yourself, even if it's hiding in the bathtub with a glass of wine and the radio turned up.

Unknown said...

Love this Erin.

Tina

Shalom said...

Amen.



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017