Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Monday, December 30, 2013

PAE

I was gonna write a post about how exhausted I am. I even coined a new term: (Post Adoption Exhaustion)  PAE

I spent so much time running around totally wired to get every.last.thing.done for our adoption, and fundraising, and prepping the house for more kids... I had to take care of M's IEP and medical stuff before we left.  She had sedated casting and botox in the spring.  We're STILL trying to sell our house. (still, so please someone buy it!)  everything has been so crazy and then we travelled to Ukraine.

6 1/2 weeks of crazy stress away from my kids and our lives.

Then we came home and had the rush of initial medical appointments, dental appointments, school meetings (craziness!!), and the whole crazy thing of coming home with 3 new boys. forever.

I was so relieved to be back that I was literally falling asleep on our first day home, which I attributed to jet lag.  Just so relieved.  We went to church after two weeks home and I was just siting in my chair during service like, "yes. I can go to sleep now.  There is no paperwork I have to do to make sure my kids can come home."

So, this post was gonna be about how exhausted I am suddenly realizing I have been for apparently most of the year, but then I went to tell my kids goodnight.  I had 6 little people tell me they love me.

I think the exhaustion is worth it.

1 comment:

cara said...

I bieve your right, I had it also.



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017