At the ER we were told they were admitting Wy for a non-responsive staph infection. MRSA, impetigo, staph...its all the same thing. Scary! I was told he would need to be at the hospital for days to get it under control. They put him on the children's floor and started IV antibiotics and steroids. The culture came back negative last night so we waited till this morning for the second one. It also came back negative. The doctor told us this morning that his ear is infected, but its not staph. They *think* that he got something in the cut, most likely poison ivy. Then he had a strong allergic reaction to it that spread through his bloodstream and started breaking out all over his body. The good news is that its not staph that is all over him. The steroids are helping the itching and the blisters. The antibiotics are helping everything else. I am so so so relieved. Hearing your little guy has an infection that isn't responding to anything that should kill it is terrifying. I am horribly allergic to poison ivy so this explanation makes sense to me. Poison ivy blisters my skin off as well. I guess my poor baby got into it somewhere and this very random series of events led to what happened. We are still at the hospital as he is still uncomfortable and gave every a good scare yesterday. They want this stuff gone before they let us go home. He still has an IV and is getting medication. Thanks for praying for him! I was a real mess!