Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Back to school!

The kids went back to school today after Christmas break.
They did great!  Right back into the routine!
All was great till the bus arrived and I realized...

M's IEP is not being followed.again.  This particular thing is not a *huge* deal, but its so frustrating for me because its a safety and accessibility issue for her that leaves me feeling that if *this* isn't being complied with, what else isn't?  Its not a good feeling.

With 5 kids in the same school, I interact with the same staff a lot and it was my hope to have a good relationship with ALL of them.   I absolutely LOVE my boys' 2nd grade teacher.  LOVE her. She has my two most "difficult" kids and they are thriving.  I hope my younger two get her for the next two years I will have second graders.

E got a new teacher this week.  I'm so happy about that.  His new teacher seems nice and quite honestly I was elated to hear the news.  E has had a rough life.  He needs an understanding teacher and a few months to realize that no one here thinks he's stupid.  He needs a little extra help, but he's 7 and his entire world just got rocked.  He finally realized he can give me a hug whenever he wants.  I just know he is going to do awesome once we finally get him the help he needs :)  

Now I'm also having issues with D not being able to do 4th grade math (which I knew) and the school (that I told) continuing to give him 4th grade math worksheets (that he can't do) and send home reminders about quizzes (that he is obviously going to fail.)  This has been so much fun to try to explain.  

W is also struggling.  I'm trying to get him evaluated at M's therapy center because I think he has some form of dyspraxia.  Something is impacting his every day life and his academics.  He is still struggling despite his wonderful teacher.

V is surprisingly doing well in school!  Of course his teacher is awesome, but he is really adjusting well and I couldn't ask for him to be doing any better right now.  His penmanship freaking rocks.  Its better than mine!

Wy is at home with me for K this year.  He's such a smart little dude, but still so much a baby.  I'm glad I can keep him at home with me where he can sleep in the morning and have a relaxed day with mama.

I'm really hoping with this new year we can get everyone taken care of and doing well!
I'm feeling the stress...
       







  

   

2 comments:

SammE said...

You are a great mama, to each of your children. You see who they are and what they need and you'll make sure they get that. :) As a retired teacher, I admire parents who are realistic about their children, and who ensure they have the best for them at school. :) I love M's new pink braces and those new shoes are pretty amazing! It must be a whirlwind right now, with the boys who have really just arrived, and all that goes with that. You're doing wonderfully! s

Mom to Mine said...

Thank you for the comment. I get frustrated with how difficult it can be to get every child what they need because I have so many with special needs and often I feel that the school just doesn't "get it." Mostly their teachers are doing the best they can and I appreciate that.



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017