Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Saturday, March 22, 2014

A %#)@#_! of a week.

Its been a craptastic week from you know where to say the least.

However, at the end of it E was finally found to have severe (no surprise to me of course!!) speech problems that qualifies him for speech therapy 3X week at school.  At least one of those times will be 1/1.  I probably could have pushed for 4X/week given how they've dragged it all out while making my baby who can't even chew his food correctly just wait and wait while his paperwork sat, but I digress.  The Ukrainian translator said that he could only understand 50% of what E was saying to him (in his native language!) and this was in a 1/1 setting.  I KNEW it was bad.  Even I didn't realize it was quite that bad.  Now add in his accent and broken English and you are starting to get the picture of what its like for him at school.  His teacher clearly indicated (a month ago) that his speech impedes all areas of instruction and communication in the classroom as well as clearly frustrating him.

The Social Security Office called to say that our boys will all be issued social security numbers on Monday and the office administrator apologized for the delay.

On Monday I have meetings for D and V to start the Child Study process at school.  E's IEP will be written to start services for speech therapy.

I don't even want to go into what I had to do in order to make all of this happen.  I'll suffice it to say that it pays to do research and know the ESL and Special Needs laws (and lawsuits) in your state.

I got up this morning to D giving me a confetti cannon he made me out of a paper towel tube and loads of construction paper bits that he spent hours cutting.  He wrote "D love Mama" on it.

That's why I do it people.  That's why I do it.

And if you can please say some prayers for W.  His little pet duck disappeared and he is heartbroken.  We're hoping she'll just show up... but I am diligently searching for a replacement Ducky.
Its so sad :(  I can't stand to see my babies hurting when I can't fix it.


No comments:



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017