Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

So Which Ones are Brothers?

Yes, I get asked this. A lot.
I'm assuming because its hard to tell "the adopted ones."
Other versions include,
Which ones are adopted?
"Are they all related?"
"Were they all brothers in Ukraine?"
"Do they all have the same father/mother?"
Answers are:
All of them are brothers. They are all my kids.
I forget.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes, you are speaking with them now or "none of your business!" Depending on my mood ;-)

1 comment:

SammE said...

I have two adopted sons and two stepsons, all of them mine, and all of them brothers. :) When they were younger, people used to look at us funnily, as none of the boys looked much alike. Even the two bio brothers in the bunch. I did get asked similar questions when my two adopted ones were little. And I answered much in the same way you do. It's frustrating when the media insists that "adoptive" parents are somehow different from the regular kind. Nope. Once your children are in your life, they are your children, just as if they were born to you. My boys are all grown and I have grandboys now, and one granddaughter. She's a treat after all the boys. LOL I wish I could start over, go to Ukraine and adopt as you have done. There are so many children in this world who need families. samm



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017