Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Friday, March 14, 2014

When Did I Get Old Enough...

We got D a small 4-wheeler to ride around our yard.  He is a terrible driver so we make him keep it in first gear and ALWAYS wear a helmet.  This evening he kept pulling up next to me, "Mom you hoch siday soodah (want to sit down here)?  I kept saying "No no no."  And kept begging, "Mom pleeeeeeease you siday wif me? Me go malinkee (I'll go slow).  Finally I sat on the back of his 4-wheeler with him.  As we were riding through the little paths they have in the woods it struck me that only 10 years ago, I was riding on the back of a 4-wheeler with my boyfriend (now husband).  When the heck did I get old enough to have a kid big enough to ride me around!?

(I turned 29 this week)

He was very careful not to drive me through any mud or hit potholes.  Then he ran into the dog in the driveway.  (I told you he was a terrible driver.)

Don't worry the dog was fine.  It was running while looking backwards at another kid riding on a bike.  D and Snickers literally ran into each other.  Snickers is a Border Collie and likes to "herd" the kids as they ride or drive in the yard.  He's not great at herding more than one at a time though.

But seriously, my kid is gonna be 12 this year.  

1 comment:

Carolina said...

Happy birthday to you!!



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017