Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I can't take it down

I taped this photo and that verse to my mirror last year when we were in the middle of fundraising the impossible. It was God's promise to me and my promise to them.
It was the first thing I saw every morning and the last thing I saw every night.
I looked at it one last time before we headed out the door to board our plane.
It greeted me when we walked back into our house after 45 days in Ukraine.

Its my reminder that forever, God is faithful.

1 comment:

SammE said...

I wouldn't be able to take that photo down. I still have a tiny school photo of the girl we had hoped to foster to adopt, a child in my classroom whose family wanted that to happen. Her social worker wouldn't let it happen and we all lost out. I think about her and miss her and hope and pray she's okay. I won't ever take that little photo out of my jewellery box where it stays. s



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017