Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Does God speak?

Sometimes I think that God uses scripture we've memorized long ago as a way to speak to us.  This morning three separate passages just popped into my head in this order.

Thy word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee.

Thy word is a lamp unto my path and a light unto my feet.  Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies.
My cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life.

Obviously you can tell I was made to memorize King James as a child!
The last time God "spoke" to me this way was during our fundraising at a very desperate moment for us.  A week later we had raised $10K.

I'm believing good things are about to happen, and for goodness sake it.is.about.time. that we got a break!  

1 comment:

SammE said...

I was raised with King James scripture too. And I memorized many a verse for Sunday School!Funnily enough, I was thinking about this yesterday, and trying to remember what our reward was for knowing the weekly verse. I can't remember! Now my church uses another version, but in my head pop the old KJ verses as the new ones are read. There is so much poetry and beauty in the old verse! I miss it.



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017