Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Thursday, June 5, 2014

School pictures - Easy right? No.

I had good photos of three kids from Fall portraits done at school before we left.  I wanted school photos of my new three so I laid out cute shirts and khaki pants for photo day.

AND THEN

We had this issue on photo day morning where I realized that every freaking kid in the house had grown 2 sizes in 6 months and no longer had pants that fit.  So the khakis I'd laid out... well they didn't fit anyone.  D threw all his pants in the floor and declared, "Deez ones all too baby for me.  I big guy.  Dis hwert me."

So I threw shorts on them and figured it was all good.  
Who takes a full body photo in grade school anyways?
E's shorts were a little too short, but it wasn't a big deal unless....he sat down.  


Which I realized to my horror a few weeks later, of course they had him do in the photo.


RENO 911 anyone??  I wanted to die.
Both from laughing and at my epic mom fail at his first ever school photo.

V's photo wasn't bad... except for the creepy bench and haunted mill behind him, and those pulled up too high black socks on white legs.  Who dressed him anyways?  And what kind of background is that for SPRING!?  



D looked like he was squatting on a toilet.  It truly is so awkward.  I Briefly thought of ordering all 3 just so we could laugh at them for years to come, but that screwed up my idea of having the perfect "first school photos in America."





I had my good friend come over to snap a few photos of them and FINALLY, I got the photos I had been picturing.  My sweet boys, home from Ukraine for exactly 6 months on the day the photos were taken.




I got a bonus photo of Wy and his dog :)  



4 comments:

burckeri said...

Thank you for sharing; it gave me a good laugh. I'm glad you ended up with such beautiful photos in the end. If it's any consolation, I've never bought school pictures of my son, though we do get hockey pictures every year. He tried lacrosse one year and we got his picture taken. He couldn't stand lacrosse and complained so much that my husband let him drop out before the season ended, and we never got the photos we paid for.

Endo_Life said...

School photos are almost always awfu! The photo's you had done are 1000 times and more better. You have a wonderful family.

daniellem02 said...

Those are hysterical. You HAVE to order them!! my favorite school pictures of me include hairsprayed bangs and laser backgrounds (80's).

ProjectTLC said...

Oh boy...I can imagine you and your boys looking back in 15-20 years. What memories!

Stephanie



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017