Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Tattoo

I've wanted something for a long time that represents all of my kids in a very visible way.  I considered having this done in Ukraine while we were there adopting our boys... But ya know the language barrier and unsure sanitary practices made me decide to wait.
I finally got up the nerve to get it today!  I want to add part of the verse from Isaiah 43:1 that I quoted on my FB page the day we got to take the boys out of the orphanage forever. "...I have called you by name, you are mine.". I want to write it in Ukrainian "...Я покликав ім'я твоє, Мій ти!" but working with fonts in Cyrillic on an English based computer program is proving challenging!


These are my kids' actual handprints shrunk down to fit on my wrist.
I LOVE.

Oh and for the record, getting a tattoo does really hurt.  I have a fairly high pain tolerance so I just talked to the tattoo artist and my brother (who came along for moral support) most of the time.  I did NOT watch at all because I HATE needles ( I will pass out in the floor), so I never looked at the needle.  This took about 45 minutes of tiny stabbing needle pain, but I've been in far worse pain many times before so I'd rate it on a pain scale of 1-10 at about a 4.  It was painfully annoying, but definitely worth it! 

3 comments:

Nicole said...

aouch ! You are courageous !
So no more adding to the family... ;)

Carolina said...

What a lovely tatoo! Just perfect :)

Milena said...

I generally dislike tattoos, but yours is really sweet!



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017