Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Three Ring Binders


My PSA today is that every mom with a child in the public school system who has an IEP or an ESOL Plan is to get a binder and a three-hole punch.  I've spent several hours over the past month or so making binders for each child, and punching holes in all of their paperwork.

WHAT.A.JOB.

People tell me all the time, "I don't know how you do it."  Well, the answer is that I don't always know myself.  I just do it one day at a time, and I keep it organized.  I even had the developmental optometrist say "Wow! You are so organized!" because I brought W's school binder along to his appointment and had everything at my fingertips.    

I've found that the key to success can be lost in clutter.  

So there... the tired thoughts of a mom who just punched holes in hundreds of papers.

Get Binders.  I waited too long.


For the record though, when compiling a dossier for international adoptions, the expanding file folders work better because you CANNOT bend, staple, or punch holes in those precious documents.  Instead they are safely nestled deep within plastic dividers.  Expanding file folders do NOT work well for rifling through paperwork during an IEP meeting.  They are prone to dumping the contents when perched on a lap.  Not that I'd know or anything.


No comments:



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017