Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Gardening and Harvesting


I'm not sure if everyone knows this, but 6 children eat a LOT of food.  
I'm pretty sure mine eat more than normal.  I mean its just so much.

We planted a big garden again this year to keep us supplied with fresh vegetables.




V and Wy digging potatoes.

Ukrainians KNOW how to dig potatoes.
If you don't know how, they will tell you how because THEY KNOW.
If you already know how, they will tell you how because THEY KNOW.


A few potatoes.


E was very excited.  He used to do this in Ukraine.


Wy ATE THEM RAW.


We planted sunflowers.  
Ukraine grows fields upon fields of sunflowers and the kids wanted us to grow some so they could have semechkiy to eat!


Guarding the pile of potatoes because "I hoch yist deez.  Dey veddy good!"


Yes, you get the idea.  
We dug potatoes, but my kid is SO CUTE.


And so funny...
"Mommy look my b00bies"
Why was that word so easy to learn!?


Picking beans.
Not anyone's favorite thing to do.


D said he played guitar in Ukraine for the garden to make the tomatoes grow bigger.
He said all the animals would sit and listen.
Even our crazy hyper border collie seemed enthralled.


Our tomato plants got HUGE from all of that wonderful chicken manure we fertilize with!


M picking berries.


This is why I don't buy white shirts.
You can hardly see that this shirt is covered in berry stains from little boys having a berry fight instead of helping their mother pick berries.
Camo for the win.  It hides dirt (and berries) so well.


Because who needs a shirt in public when you can make a hat?


Ninja berry picking at its... whatever.  
My boys won't keep clothes on.
It is what it is.


See!?  They just won't.
At least E picked berries (except for the ones he threw at W)


(yes I know... I SWEAR they have clothes)
but LOOK at the zucchini I found hiding in my garden!




He actually hates zucchini, but he's all about the dramatic effect.


Easily the biggest one I've ever grown.




No comments:



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017