Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Saturday, September 6, 2014

And that's a wrap!

We had the most beautiful weather at the beach this week!  Not a rainy day until we pulled out to drive home this morning!

Here's a few of my favorites from our last few days.


This storm cloud got closer and closer and closer...


 These two are buddies.


 W showing off the storm cloud as it moved ever closer...


 E and I at our favorite little pier-side restaurant.


 V riding a dinosaur at Broadway on the Beach


And W

There was a display of hats with hair on them...
I turned around and saw this.



W loves ducks.  He is obsessed.  
So when this one walked up to him as he was getting fish food, waiting while he put the quarter in, and then gobbled the food down like a pet, well he was thrilled.


 We didn't go to the aquarium this time.  
We can't afford the ridiculous prices, but it made for a nice photo op!


The best burgers!
It cracks me up how quickly my little Amerikrainians have come to count a cheeseburger as a food group.  Every time we have been in Ukraine adopting, by week two or three the cheeseburger cravings set in because in all of Ukraine one cannot find a flipping cheeseburger!

(flashback photo time)
Even that one time that we found a "Burger joint" in Ukraine that saaaaaid "BURGER" in English.
I was SO excited, and (thought) I told D to order me a hamburger with all the toppings. (YAY!)
I ended up with what looked like a slab of ...pork? topped with kapootsa.
The most.disappointing.day. of my time in Ukraine.
But the kids were cute and now we eat REAL burgers.



 Scary pirate statue

Very scary


 Ukraine has a full on pigeon epidemic in the cities.  
V was thrilled to see a pigeon in SC.  
I personally worry what happens when people feed them because I have SEEN their reproduction capacity and it.is.massive.  I even made a satire flyer about the pigeons during our last weeks in Ukraine as the crazy set in from being away from home too long.

(ok another flashback photo because at the time it was so funny)
Of course I had to go find it so I could show you.
It says, "Have you seen this bird??  (top)
"Because they are everywhere!" (bottom)





Fountains at Broadway at the Beach were not meant to just be looked at while sitting down.



And that's a wrap!  
We had a great vacation together and will return next year so long as we are not adopting again!

1 comment:

ErinL said...

I have to tell you my burger in Ukraine story because it is one of my favorites! We had a menu with English translations and it said Cheese Burger! We were so excited to find a burger and we were so hungry. When it finally came to us we took a big bite out of what turned out to be a big hunk of cheese that was breaded, flash fried, and stuck on a bun with toppings! Love that story :). Looks like you had a wonderful vacation!



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017