Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Sunday, September 14, 2014

So do you...

Do you wait until Sunday night to check your kids' backpacks too?  Cause I do.  Its FINALLY FRIDAY and I let those babies sit in a pile on the floor cause Mama is tired of homework and notes home all week.

And it might not be such a big deal... but this week they sent home Interim Reports, and IEP progress reports that I needed to sign... and oh... a note that says 2nd grade was exposed to Hand Foot and Mouth Disease.

I was in the middle of counting out 2385021 pennies for Ice.Cream.Money because for GOD only knows what reason, we have to pay for it every week in exact change.  We cannot pay ahead of time.  We cannot write a check for 4 children.  We cannot take it from their lunch accounts.  We MUST send in EXACT change or they cannot order the ice cream.  We cannot even over pay and tell them to keep the change.  No, it MUST BE perfect (but once I skimped on a penny and no one called me, so I don't think they really count it).  So there I was counting pennies and quarters and dimes and nickels again... when I found the note.  I jumped away from my 2nd grader's backpack like it was on fire.  Then I realized I was next to his hoodie that he took to school and then wore all weekend.  Alas, I replay the potential damage done in my mind and its too late now.


At least I gave all of my kids homemade Elderberry syrup jello and put Thieves oil on them every single morning before school last week.  Sometimes I just have a sixth sense about these things, but I do wish I'd been wrong, and I do wish I'd found the note 48 hours sooner.



Oh and I just realized (while writing this actually) that its been 10 months since we did THIS!


and this.


and they did THIS to me in Germany.


and this happened (yes V is having a temper fit)


but we were all too tired to care.








None of these are great photos because the trip home wasn't fun (if you have ever made a multi-airport transatlantic flight with kids that don't speak your language then you know what I mean), but I'm ok with that because it was real life and they honestly are priceless to me now.

No comments:



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017