Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Remembering...

A year ago I met him.
The little boy with the most astonishingly beautiful eyes and a face full of sadness.
He was unexpectedly missing 3 teeth that had been punched out shortly before we got there.
I promised myself that no one would ever hurt this child again without answering to me.


It had been 9 months since we last saw V, the one who stole our hearts.
He was incredibly possessive of me "THAT'S MY MOM" and wouldn't even let his friends touch me.
He'd done his time.  He'd waited.  
I was finally here and I was HIS.
He carried my purse around the entire time, making sure EVERYONE knew.


D was quiet, withdrawn, and so in need of love and protection.
The child at the orphanage was not the child we took out and bought treats for.  
An orphan in one place, a son in another.  


This little boy's sadness melted away.  
He could hardly remember a time when he had a mama and never a papa.
He would look at us like we hung the moon and it would take our breathe away.



For the rest of my life I think that no matter where I am, Fall will forever be the time we spent in Ukraine.


1 comment:

Milena said...

So beautifully written! I really wish we could adopt too...



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017