Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goodbye 2014...


This song has touched a place deep inside of me this year.
In 2010 we first saw the dark and broken places of a baby house.
The sad, longing eyes of babies dressed in ragged clothes.
Those memories drove us to host in 2012.

In 2013 we once again saw the dark and broken places in the eyes of Ukraine's orphans.
A Detsky Dom is no home.
The stories the children have just rip my heart out.
It was so hard to see those kids and leave those kids.
How does a person go back to life as usual after seeing that kind of pain?
My answer was to devote myself to the children I did get to bring home.

2014 has shown me the dark and broken places of the public school system.
It has been indescribably painful to experience first hand.
My children who have been through so much deserved better.
All of the children deserve better.
As taxpayers we deserved better.

So many times I have felt hopeless and helpless.  
How much difference can one person really make?
Similar to the orphan crisis, 
people do not really care about special education either.

This song has always come on at the right time this year. 
I would be driving to or from school, crying 
or trying not to cry, and it would come on.   
I hadn't heard it for a while, but I heard it again tonight.

I don't know what 2015 will hold for us.
There are a lot of unknowns and some really big "What ifs?"
Some REALLY BIG "What ifs?"

2014 has been one of the most challenging years of my life.

I'm thankful that God has constantly reminded me that His hand still holds me
even when I don't believe it.  




Oh and I'd be totally chill if 2015 was really boring and uneventful.

No comments:



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017