Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas

So there was that one time my brother bought the kids a ton of stuff at the surplus post and all of my Christmas pictures ended up looking like a scene from Rambo.


Hey mom!  I got Minecraft animals and I've been doing recon in the backyard!


Look at my new fleece hat, smeared with night ops face paint!


Here we are with our presents; we'll be doing a little surveillance on the neighbors after lunch...


Clearly we start them young with the survival skills.


What?  Doesn't everyone look like this on Christmas?


Our bunny kept an eye on Dan.  She just didn't quite trust him after the mayhem he caused.  


And who could blame her?  E made himself an Army issue beard with his tube of paint before trying out his stilts (that he begged for)


Daisy clearly was skeptical about her favorite human being green.  



We've had a fun two days of celebrating Christmas, but the face paint really needed to make it on the blog :)  

Also, today would have been my Pepaw's birthday.  He died when I was 9, but I remember so much about him.  I really miss him and wish he could be here to see my family now.  I always thought it was special that he was born on Christmas Day and I always think about him every December 25th.  

This has been a very trying year for us, but I'm coming to realize that sometimes the challenges are a gift in the sense that you get to see people's true colors and find out who your real friends are.  When things are easy its simple to keep up the superficial charades.  Its in the the hard places that true character is realized.  I've spent yet another year having illusions shattered.  I'm left feeling like I don't actually know what is real anymore.  Everything I once thought about Christianity and the church has been ripped apart.  Nothing is as it seems.  I'm not sure what 2015 will bring, but I know that forever God is faithful.  Forever.  He is the one friend who never forsakes us.  

Anyways, this post wasn't meant to get all deep.  My stress level drops so significantly when the kids are home from school on break that I feel like I get my real brain back :)  I just love having fun at home with my family.  The kids are all getting big so fast that I know one day I'll wish I had it all back, so I try to take pictures of everything!  We had a great day!

Merry Christmas from our family to yours!

No comments:



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017