Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Easter

Last Sunday was Palm Sunday, the day crowds welcome Jesus, shouting "hosanna!"
Monday was the day Jesus spent flipping tables over in the temple.
Friday they crucified him.
Sunday He rose again.

Jesus had a busy week.  We celebrate it as Easter.

Easter has always held a special place in my heart.  Holy week always captivated me.  How could people go from admiring Jesus to crucifying him in less than one week?

But LOOK what God did.  It didn't end on Friday.  Sunday came and with it, redemption.

I've always taken great care to dress the kids up in suits and pretty dresses for Easter.  My dad always bought me and my mother an orchid (in happier times before they divorced) to wear to church.  I looked forward to that orchid all year long.  I cannot remember ever once in my 30 years missing an Easter Sunday at church.

But this year we will.

This year we have no church.

I have spent the last 17 months "flipping tables" for my children and it has cost us our church.

It hurts.  It hurts so badly.

I don't know why its hitting me so hard here at Easter.
I have no reason to buy my sons suits.  
I have no reason to buy M a pretty new dress.

The pain is deeper than that, but this is where I feel it the most.

I feel like somehow in the fight for my children's future, I've failed.

I lost what I always held so dear.

How did we go from stepping out in faith to do the impossible, fundraising enough to adopt our boys, giving them a new hope and a future, only to end up with no church for them to grow up in?

Is this our Friday?
Why is Sunday taking so long?

It feels dark and lonely here.

One


Holding onto our beliefs
Like a child holds to its father
It's like we're trying so hard to breathe
With our heads underneath the water

Keep trying to find the balance
Of our love and our convictions
'Cause we know that life in You
Moves far beyond religion

We know, we know, we know, we know
That nothing else even matters but love

Whoa, we keep trying to find a way
Whoa, to come together
Whoa, Lord, take these fears away
Whoa

And make us one, one, one, whoa
Lord, make us one, one, one, Lord, make us one

We are the face of Christ
In a world of shadows
Is it God's love we're fighting for
Or our denomination's ego?

We got to let go of pride
Embrace the idea of difference
Make unity our calling
And move within forgiveness

We know, we know, we know, we know
That nothing else even matters but love

Whoa, we keep trying to find a way
Whoa, to come together
Whoa, Lord, take these fears away
Whoa

And make us one, one, one, whoa
Lord, make us one, one, one, Lord, make us one

Imagine what could be, imagine what could change
If love was all that really mattered
Would the light of Christ finally shine through
Me and you?

Holding onto our beliefs
Like a child holds to its father
It's like we're trying so hard to breathe
With our heads underneath the water


 


No comments:



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017