Hoping to someday find M's brother adopted in the U.S. -
Myckola Oleksandrovych Markov - 8/26/2003

Friday, June 5, 2015

No More IEPs

This box contains all of my children's special education paperwork.  IEPs, evals, therapy reports, progress reports, medical info pertaining to school, complaints I've filed, lawyer recommendations, neuropsych evals (well over 100 pages worth), just everything.  It weighs over 30lbs.



I can't begin to describe to you the amount of time and effort I have put into this box.  I look at it and I want to cry.  The truth is I've already cried over all of it many times.  I've stressed, I've stayed up late, I've attended hours and hours of meetings.

For many reasons, we decided that it was no longer worth the fight.  
(Mostly because I refuse to medicate myself to endure another year of mental torture) 

I traded in that box for this:


I am 110% confident that I can better provide what my children need from home.  Maybe I'll even be able to learn how to breathe, relax, and enjoy life again without the dark cloud of fighting for their future always hanging over my head.

The kids got out of school at the end of May and we are just enjoying the down time so very much!





3 comments:

PL said...

learnenglishwithbob.com
Barton Reading and Spelling system: on iphone/iPad look for "Phonogram Sounds" by All About Learning Press

SammE said...

Good for you! I'm sure home schooling will be much easier on you all. I'm disgusted with all the poor and non-existent service you received from the school system. Enjoy your summer with your children! How are you feeling yourself these days?

Bonnie M. said...

Yea for your decision!



We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life; but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,are carried on the wings of destiny; and placed among us by God's very own hands. --Kristi Larson

 

ALL CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR. COPYRIGHT 2017